BB Network Development for WMBL, PNG
Context: Women’s Microbank Limited (WMBL) will provide access to financial services to its existing members and other new women members through an extension of the bank’s access points using a branchless banking technology-driven solution. For that purpose, WMBL will use a tablet-based software application linked with a Bluetooth bio-metric identification system.
Objectives: The pilot project involves the set-up of Mama-Bank Access Points (MAPs) across six various locations in the country using a low-cost structure resourced with two staff. The pilot is expected to test the operational feasibility and commercial viability of this new channel and aims to increase the active customer base of WMBL by 150% (from its current 8,000 to 20,000) over the course of 13 months.
- Develop a robust project plan with timelines and deliverables aligned with the project objectives.
- Develop new and update existing operational policies, processes and procedures to embed the MAPs and the new customer onboarding process in WMBL’s operations.
- Design, test and roll-out of the new customer onboarding process; new pricing for customers using the new channel and performance management metrics and associated incentive structures for staff working at the MAPs.
- Ensure that the project reports on specific metrics (e.g. outreach and usage) as specified by PFIP.
- Undertake qualitative consumer research and product/service refinement using human-centred design principles to assess the relevance as well as the experience of consumers using WMBL’s products/services and identify and assess unmet needs and aspirations of consumers.